Our research, at the edge of statistical physics, applied mathematics and computer science, relies on theoretical and computational network science to cover a wide spectrum of interests, with applications to social and socio-technical systems, computational epidemiology, smart urban systems, systems biology, systems neuroscience, systems medicine.
Applications from talented and motivated
undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral scholars, as well as visiting researchers, are welcome at any time: please, include a cover letter and CV, in plain English, in your inquiry
Disclaimer: due to the large number of requests we receive, it might happen that some unsolicited proposals might receive no reply.
Special agreements between FBK and University of Trento
provide fast channels to internships and formative/thesis stages for their students. On a rolling basis we accept motivated students for internship/thesis projects from UniTN students
- [Math] Geometry of complex networks
- [Math/Physics] Information theory of complex networks
- [Physics] Statistical physics of complex networks
- [Physics] Nonlinear dynamical systems, from reconstruction to analysis
- [Bio/Medicine] Systems biology and systems medicine
- [Computer Science] Human mobility
- [Social Science] Computational social science of exceptional events